You will need to set up a password for your OUNet account before accessing any of our sites. Unfortunately, we are unable to setup accounts for users, and we cannot provide temporary passwords. Fortunately, setting up an account is easy!
How to setup your account
1. Go to the Account Management System by navigating to http://accounts.ou.edu.
2. Click on “I'm New to OU.”
3. Enter your OUNetID (all lowercase) OR SSN with your Date Of Birth (with any zeros and slashes) then click Submit. Your OUNet ID (also called your 4x4) is the first 4 letters of last name + last 4 digits of your Sooner ID.
4. Create a complex password that is 12-32 characters long and meets 3 of the 4 requirements below:
- Upper case letter
- Lower case letter
- Special character - not including: @ , ' , ? , + , : , (space)
5. Once the password is set, click on the "Logon" link and login to the Account Management System
6. Update a Recovery Email for your account (this will unlock all other features on the account page)
7. Update Emergency Alert Information (this is the how emergency updates will reach you and family members)
8. Update e-mail alias if desired. Your OU e-mail alias is a second e-mail address which can be set for your OU mail account. This address will work in conjunction with your default dotted name address, (ex: FirstName.LastNamefirstname.lastname@example.org), which will also remain active in the system. Both the new alias and the existing dotted address will send e-mail to your personal OU mailbox at http://exchange.ou.edu.
9. Update other account information if desired
*We recommend changing your password every 180 days in order to keep your account information as secure as possible.